The Library premises are a place of work for students, faculty and employees. For everyone's benefit, it is important that visitors respect certain rules:
- All visitors have a responsibility to create an appropriate study atmosphere in the library. This includes speaking quietly and interacting respectfully with the staff and other library patrons.
- Mobile phones must be set to silent mode.
- Silence must be observed in the reading rooms.
- Food is not allowed the library.
- If you move furniture please replace it when you leave and also dispose of any trash in the bins provided. Leave the space as you would like to find it.
- Improper use of the library's computer equipment and other technical equipment is prohibited. This includes marking or damaging library materials.
- Animals are not allowed in the library (service dogs are permitted).
Anyone who does not respect the Library rules or otherwise disrupts the safety, well-being or security of visitors or Library staff may be subject to the temporary suspension of library privileges, including access to the Library. The Head Librarian is responsible for suspension decisions. Specific disciplinary rules apply for university staff and students regarding the use of MittNet and the Mid Sweden University computers, see Chapter 10 section 1 of the Higher Education Ordinance – Swedish National Agency for Higher Education, and also Rules for MittNet and MIUN computers (Swedish only).
Review of Decisions
Any person dissatisfied with decisions regarding disciplinary measures, is entitled to have the matter reviewed by the Director of Libraries. For further information please refer to Higher Education Ordinance.